LAST REVISED: 5/13/2014
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS – YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY AND INFORMATION RIGHTS:
• Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code (known as the “shine the light” law), a California resident has a right to know from a business, with whom he or she has an established business relationship, what personal information (if any) the business has shared with third parties during the immediately preceding calendar year for such third parties’ direct marketing uses, as well as the identities of such third parties.
We do not knowingly share your personal information with third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing uses, unless you have affirmatively consented to such sharing.
Any request for an information-sharing disclosure under this law should be sent to us via email at CustomerService@teasdalefoods.com. Please note that under this law, we are not required to respond to a California resident‘s request more than once in a calendar year, nor are we required to respond to any request that is not sent to the email address designated above.
• Pursuant to Section 17538 of the California Business and Professions Code, prior to accepting payment from a buyer located in California, we are required to disclose to the following information to the buyer:
• Our Legal Name: Teasdale Quality Foods, Inc.
• Our Business Address: 901 Packers Street, Atwater, CA 95301.
• Our return and refund policy, which can be found here.
Also, as required by California law, within 30 days of accepting payment for a purchase order you place on our website, we will do one of the following: (1) shipping the order to you; (2) providing a full refund; (3) sending you a written notice of an expected delay and offering a full refund; or (4) offering you the choice between receiving a substitute product of equivalent or superior quality and receiving a full refund.
• Do Not Track Disclosure: We do not currently respond to “Do Not Track” signals of web browsers. However, should the industry establish uniform technological standards for recognizing and implementing “Do Not Track” signals, we would be open to following such industry standards.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
1.1 Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”): This is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, street address, email address, phone number, and order and payment information. We do not collect PII from you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. We ask for and collect your PII when you engage in an identification activity on our website, such as creating an account, placing an order, submitting a request or inquiry, answering a survey or otherwise providing feedback, signing up for our contact lists, or entering a sweepstakes, contest, giveaway, or other promotion offered on our website (each, an “Identification Activity”). Whether or not to disclose PII is completely your choice. However, without providing PII you will not be able to engage in or complete an Identification Activity. You must be 18 or older to engage in an Identification Activity on our website.
1.2 Aggregate and Anonymous Information (“AAI”): This refers to information that does not identify you personally. For example, we and our service providers collect anonymous group data (demographics, interests and preferences, etc.) about users of our website, as well as traffic data such as total page views in a given time period; average amount of time users spend on our website, how many times a particular piece of content on our website was viewed or downloaded by our users, etc. Moreover, we may combine UAI (as defined below) about you and other users of our website to generate aggregate information that reflects activities, habits, preferences, interests, etc. about our users as a group. In addition, we may take PII and make it non-personally identifiable, such as by aggregating your information with information about other individuals, or by removing personally-identifiable elements (such as names) so as to “anonymize” or “de-personalize” your information.
NOTE: To the extent we use UAI in a manner that identifies a person individually (e.g., if we link or associate such information with name or address), such information will be treated as PII. Otherwise, UAI will be treated as AAI.
2. WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION
The following describes how we use and share information (including PII) collected from and about users of our website:
• To provide, manage and improve our website: This includes using PII to enable, administer and manage our users’ Identification Activities.
• To share with co-sponsors: From time to time, we may conduct promotions with one or more third-party co-sponsors. As a condition of participation in such a co-sponsored promotion, we may ask for your affirmative consent to allow us to share your PII collected in connection with the promotion with our co-sponsor(s), with the understanding that our co-sponsor(s) may use the information for its/their own direct marketing purposes and that we will have no control over such use by our co-sponsor(s).
• To share with third-party service providers in order for them to assist us in operating and managing our website: We use third-party service vendors to help us operate and manage our website and they may need to access information collected from and about our users (including PII) in order to provide services for our website. For example, Teasdale Foods is using the e-commerce service vendor Nexternal to host and manage the online shopping operations of our website. So, when you make a purchase on our website, your PII will be shared with Nexternal as necessary for Nexternal to process and complete your purchase order, including processing your payment for the order. Your PII will also be shared with our fulfillment service vendors as necessary for them to provide fulfillment, shipping, and customer services regarding your order.
We require that third-party service providers limit their use of our users’ PII solely to providing services to us and that they safeguard such information and not make unauthorized use or disclosure of the information.
3. INFORMATION SECURITY
3.1 We want you to feel secure in shopping with us. That’s why we’ve partnered with Nexternal, a company who specializes in e-commerce. Security is paramount at Nexternal. Nexternal is PCI (Payment Card Industry Security Standards) compliant and uses the latest Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology during order process and within the Order Management System. All payment card information (including credit/debit card numbers, expiration dates, and security/authorization codes) provided by online purchasers is encrypted when transmitted to and processed and stored by Nexternal or Authorize.net. Nexternal or Authorize.net only uses and stores a purchaser’s payment card information for the duration that is necessary to process and complete a purchase transaction, and does not retain such information after a transaction is completed. Nexternal also uses a third party security auditing company, McAfee, which scans the Nexternal network daily looking for vulnerabilities.
For data security reasons, Teasdale Foods neither receives nor has access to a purchaser’s payment card information, and Nexternal or Authorize.net do not share such information with Teasdale Foods.
3.2 Although we endeavor to safeguard the security of your PII, no one can guarantee the complete safety of your information. We will endeavor to notify you if and to the extent required by law, in the event we become aware of a breach or suspected breach of the security of your PII stored by or for us. However, we are not liable for any breach of the security of your information resulting from causes or events that are beyond our control, including, without limitation, your own act or omission, corruption of storage media, defects in third-party data security products or services, power failures, natural phenomena, riots, acts of vandalism, hacking, sabotage, or terrorism. By providing your email address to us, you acknowledge and agree that we may notify you via email in the event of a breach of security involving your PII stored by us or on our behalf.
3.3 If you have any questions regarding the security of our website, please CONTACT US.
4. INFORMATION ACCESS AND CHOICE
If you have provided PII to Teasdale Foods and you wish to view, update, correct, or delete the information, or if you wish to stop (opt-out) receiving further marketing/promotional communications (emails, postal mailings, etc.) from us, please CONTACT US. We will endeavor to process your request as soon as reasonably practicable upon receipt (or within such time as required by applicable law).
However, by providing PII to us, you expressly understand, acknowledge and agree as follows:
• We reserve the right to retain your information if doing so, in our good faith belief, is necessary to comply with law or legal process (including a court order or subpoena), to cooperate with law enforcement (including investigation of an alleged or suspected crime, fraud or other illegal activity), to complete a pending transaction, to resolve a claim or dispute, or to enforce an applicable agreement between you and Teasdale Foods.
• If you are a participant in a promotion that is co-sponsored by Teasdale Foods with one or more third-party co-sponsor(s), your opt-out will NOT stop our co-sponsor(s) from sending you marketing/promotional communications, and you must contact our co-sponsor(s) directly in order to opt out from its/their further use of your PII for direct marketing purposes.
We may also use “web beacons” (also known as “clear GIFs,” “pixel tags,” etc.) – which are small bits of code embedded in web pages or in emails – to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited a web page, and to understand usage patterns. We may include web beacons in emails to help us recognize activities such as when an email was opened, how many times an email was forwarded, which links in the email were clicked on, etc. Web beacons cannot be declined when delivered via a regular web page. However, web beacons can be refused when delivered via email. If you do not wish to receive web beacons via email, you will need to disable HTML images or refuse HTML (select Text only) emails via your email software.
6. OUR ADVERTISING POLICY
We do not allow unaffiliated third parties to display advertisements on our website.
7. PROTECTING CHILDREN
This website is directed to adults and is not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect or use personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13.
8. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
10. CONTACT US